CCH Board Meeting January 2017
CCH Board Meeting January 2017
THE DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. TRIBUTE CONCERT AND HUMANITARIAN AWARDS
|Andres Lopera, conductor
The Colorado Symphony continues the time-honored tradition hosting the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Concert & Humanitarian Awards at Boettcher Concert Hall. Celebrating its 26th year, this annual event recognizes four humanitarian leaders who live and lead in the example of peace and equality exemplified by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Among the Honorees is the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless!!!
VIP Reception with speeches from honorees @ 5 PM; concert at 7:30 PM
GA tickets at firstname.lastname@example.org; in person at the Boettcher Concert Hall Box Office
or receive up to tickets 4 at the Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library at 2401 Welton St, Denver, CO 80205.
Entry into the VIP Reception can be secured by making a donation online at https://drmartinlkingjrchc.givingfuel.com/donations then forward your names to email@example.com to be added to the list.
Date: January 5, 2017
Subject: Follow up on December Report & Request for vote
Since the December board meeting, several board members have suggested changes to the documents presented to the board in December. Most of the changes are categorized as clarifications, amplifications or the correction of typos.
Substantive changes are:
Article III addition of:
- To engage in such other charitable activities as determined by the Board of Directors fromTo: CCH Board
From: Ad Hoc Governance Committee
time to time.
Article VII-Allow for a different principal location within Colorado.
Article IX-Remove the last sentence. Modernizes the Articles and allows for more governing flexibility.
- Add a sentence at the end to clarify that the President & CEO serves as a non-voting ex officio member of the board.
- Clarify that the Board of Directors may, where permitted by law, delegate its authority to the Finance & Audit Committee.
Standards of Conduct & Conflict of Interest Policy:
III. C.1. Add at the end of the section:
It is acknowledged that a Board member, officer, employee or contractor may also be a client of the Coalition. A client relationship with the Coalition is exempt from the annual reporting requirement.
Several directors have suggested that outside counsel review the revised corporate documents after approval by the Board.
After the approval of the amended governing documents, each standing committee will be asked to draft a Committee Charter to present to the Board of Directors for approval by midyear 2017 (Bylaws, Article VI. 10.) Some committees have a document to revise, other committees will be starting fresh.
The Ad Hoc Governance Committee respectfully requests approval of the revised governing documents presented in December with the friendly amendments offered by directors since that time.
Happy New!! Happy Chanukah!! Happy Kwanzaa!
- Umoja(Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.
- Kujichagulia(Self-Determination): To define and name ourselves, as well as to create and speak for ourselves.
- Ujima(Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers’ and sisters’ problems our problems and to solve them together.
- Ujamaa(Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.
- Nia(Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
- Kuumba(Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
- Imani(Faith): To believe with all our hearts in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
financial report John is presenting a report on transfer of funding.
now Virginia is talking about $.
John is speaking about Meg and their contributions to CCH
Budget Peter Stoller and Virginia is speaking about the budget
space for offices freeing up space
board of directors BY-LAWS Virginia is speaking about the governance of CCH
New Market tax Credit programs for financing housing and supportive services they leverage other resources. It was used for the Health Center.